Due to the number of applications we receive, we require you carefully follow the criteria below to be eligible for consideration. Any grant request applications that we receive not in compliance with these guidelines will not be reviewed.
Grant applications open in November and close firmly on January 15. Grant selection and notification take place in February. The exact amount of each grant will not be determined until after the event. Checks will be mailed by the end of June. Selected beneficiaries will be assigned four Art in the Square volunteer slots at notification.
Grant applications for 2017 are now open! Please read the requirements below completely!
Grant Request Application Guidelines
- All grant request applications must be submitted or postmarked by January 15, 2017. No faxes or hand deliveries, please.
- Submissions should only include what is requested. No extra information, such as notebooks, tapes, brochures, etc., allowed.
- All non-electronic requests should be typewritten.
- Applicant/Agency must be a 501(c)(3).
- Funding must service Northeast Tarrant County.
- Funding priorities: Children, Women and Families.
- Requests will not be considered that fund job positions, salaries, fundraisers, administrative or office expenses, volunteer or employee recognition trips, award ceremonies, or marketing materials.
- Applicant must provide, either via electronic attachment or printed document, a copy of IRS Charitable Exemption letter.
- Applicant must provide, either via electronic attachment or printed document, a copy of the first three (3) pages of the most recent 990 tax form.
- Applicant must provide, either via electronic attachment or printed document, copies of 2015, 2016, and proposed 2017 budgets, for both the organization at large and your proposed project. We strongly advise that you create a single PDF document containing all required budgets (one for the organization, and one for your project), and that you ensure any uploaded documents will print clearly. This accelerates the application and review process.
- Applicant must provide a list of board members and their contact information, including phone numbers and email addresses.
- If application is submitted online, all necessary documents must be attached with application for online submission, where indicated in the form.
- If application is submitted via standard mail, all necessary documents must be included with application. We recommend applicants use certified mail addressed to: ATTN: Funding Chair, Southlake Women’s Club Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 92611, Southlake, TX 76092.
- Those selected as beneficiaries will be asked to provide volunteers for 2017 Art in the Square.